Demi Lovato on Fitness Secrets, Being a Positive Body Image Role Model

demi lovato staying in shape fitness soul cycle diet body imageDemi Lovato has got a lot on her plate, with touring, working on new music, and her sweet relationship with boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama. Squeezing in workout time and being healthy can be a challenge.



In a new interview with E! News, Demi shares some of her secrets of staying in good shape - and why being a positive body image role model is so important to her.



Her workout routine involves Soul Cycle bikes she brings on tour, which, she explains, "on my show days, I do 45 minutes of cycling as hard as I can and then I perform for an hour and a half."



She also credits "an amazing trainer" and a "meal plan that helps me stay focused." Getting the help with a trainer and nutritionist, she says, "just changed my life around."



As for being a positive role model, she's thankful for the healthy body images that Kim Kardashian and Beyonce project, saying, "For so long it was the very skinny, frail model look, and that's what I grew up looking at. For me, I thought that's what you had to look like, so growing up thinking that and then seeing women like [Kim] and Beyonce."



Demi explained, "I mean, Kim, say what you want about her, but she's a very successful woman and she really kind of revolutionized what beauty was when she came on the scene. For me, I'm embracing that, and I want younger women to see that you don't have to be something that you're not."





via Source